a minute of my history

some thoughts on life and stuff

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Markets

It's been nice to be back in the states, especially at Christmas time and the holiday season. But I have to say, its nothing to compared to the Christmas Markets of Germany! A few weeks before I returned to the states, I visited Dusseldorf, Germany with my friends Ika and Wouter. It was a sunny but cold day, perfect for lots of gluhwein and eierpunsch, and a bunch of other tasty treats. The markets were filled great gifts, unique arts and crafts, cheery decorations, and of course plenty of food and drink. I bought a bunch of different things there, but my favorite find was this mug with a picture of Santa getting drunk!

The next day, I tripped down to Valkenburg in south Holland with my buddy Jeroen. This town is known for a huge system of caves carved out of a very soft stone. A truly unique Christmas Market was running in the caves - very cool. Also, Limburg is a pretty fun part of The Netherlands.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home