a minute of my history

some thoughts on life and stuff

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Marathon update

In 490 BC, Pheidippides ran 150 miles in two days and then ran another 21.4 miles from Marathon to Athens to annouce Greek victory. It is this achievement that is the inspiration for the modern-day marathon. After proclaiming this victory, Pheidippides dropped dead.

I've come to realize just how crazy marathon running is. After a series of minor injuries, illness, and lack of discipline on my part, I fell behind my marathon training schedule while in Holland. I'm sad to say that I will not be running the Houston Marathon on January 14th. But I will complete the half-marathon that day, which is no small feat.

I am running to raise money and awareness for education in India, specifically a school in Manipur called SACSAS Academy. Follow this link to find out you can support me and my cause.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home