a minute of my history

some thoughts on life and stuff

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Lage Raho Munnabhai

Over the holiday break, I saw this great and hilarious movie called Lage Raho Munnabhai. I'm not much of a Indian movie fan, but I really enjoyed the precursor to this movie, Munnabhai MBBS, so I thought I'd give this one a try. In the first movie (...MBBS), a "thug" goes to medical school to make his father proud of him. Its currently being remade into an American movie (usually its the other way around) starring Chris Tucker and produced by Mira Nair. I know, its craziness.

In the sequel (Lago Raho...) our hero meets Mahatma Gandhi on his quest to meet his favorite radio DJ Jhanvi (played by the oh-so-beautiful Vidya Balan). Um, I think you have to see the movie to understand why its so great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home